GlobTek’s Wearable Curved 3.7 @ 28mAh Li-Po Battery Pack Designed to Meet UL 1642 Cell Approval!
A leader in the design, integration, and manufacture of custom battery packs and battery chargers, GlobTek provides a wide range of UL1642-approved Lithium Ion (Li-Ion) and Lithium Polymer (Li-Po) Cells. By integrating a UL1642 approved cell into a battery pack, further compliance with UL2054, IEC 62133, IEC 61982 and most other standards is a superior choice to using a non-Approved cell. GlobTek uses a host of quality manufacturer’s cells in battery pack design and production, depending on customer requirements.
Battery packs can be assembled from cells made by internationally recognized brands or from lower cost, lesser known Chinese manufacturers based on customer requirements and application demands.
Curved Li-Po batteries are custom equipped to customers’ requirements. The maximum thickness of a curved cell is about 2 mm, though 2.5mm cells can be curved if the radius is large enough.
Most of these cells are custom made, but we do try to stock sizes that can be used for evaluation and prototyping, or even for designing into your product.
Common Features Include:
- High operating voltage
- Curved / Flexible
- Similar in all other ways to standard lithium polymer cells
- High energy density
- Customizable connection
- Customizable monitoring (fuel gauge, LED, etc).
- Customizable protection / safety circuitry
- Constant Current (CC) and / or Constant Voltage (CV) Charging Method
- Overcharge / Overdischarge Detection and Cut-off
- Overcurrent Detection
Certifications / Approvals / Safety Compliance:
- DESIGNED TO COMPLY WITH 2004/108/EC ELECTROMAGNETIC COMPATIBILITY INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO EN61000-6-1:2007, EN61000-6-3:2007.
- DESIGNED TO MEET UL 2054 REQUIREMENTS TO REDUCE THE RISK OF FIRE, EXPLOSION OR INJURY ASSOCIATED WITH USE / REMOVAL OF A BATTERY FROM A PRODUCT WHICH IS TO BE TRANSPORTED, STORED OR DISCARDED
- DESIGNED TO MEET IEC 6213 3:2012 WHICH SPECIFIES REQUIREMENTS AND TESTS FOR THE SAFE OPERATION OF PORTABLE SEALED SECONDARY CELLS AND BATTERIES UNDER INTENDED USE AND REASONABLY FORESEEABLE MISUSE.
BATTERY CELLS: UL 1642 Certified
- ROHS: Complies with EU 2002/95/EC and China SJ/T 11363-2006
- Transportation: UN 38.3 Pending, Designed to Meet UN 38.3
- Additional Safety Notes, Guidelines and Precautions published on GlobTek’s website: http://en.globtek.com/safety-cautions.php#.UUD-NRzU_l8
GlobTek Wall plug in AC Adapters are commonly used as power sources for intelligent battery charging solutions. Charging, monitoring and protection circuitry is optimized to work with GlobTek’s extensive family of multi-chemistry chargers, but can be modified to customers’ requirements. Constant Current output is available upon request.
Multitude of charging cradles and bays are available or can be designed to clients’ specifications.
The battery pack can be supplied with customer designated output plugs, many of which are stocked at GlobTek New Jersey USA, Münster Germany, and Suzhou China locations
Made in USA or Made in China options available. Local China to China delivery is available upon request.
Applications / Warranty:
This family of high-technology rechargeable battery packs is suitable for most wearable applications to power portable products, including consumer or medical / health sector devices, including monitoring, data collection, security, wireless phones and other miniature communication equipment and are a perfect complement to GlobTek-manufactured power source for rapid Li-Po, Li-Ion or any other chemistry battery charging.
GlobTek offers a 5-year warranty on workmanship and electrical components assembly on all new battery pack products excluding the battery cells themselves which are covered by the Manufacturer's original warranty at their published warranty period. For GlobTek brand cells, GlobTek provides a 12-month warranty for Li-Ion batteries. The warranty period is based upon the expectation that the battery will deliver 80% of its initial capacity after 300 cycles at low to moderate power loads. High power loads may cause a battery to reach 80% of initial capacity in less than the 12-month warranty period. Li-Ion batteries will continue to operate below the 80% capacity threshold; however, the capacity (run time) delivered between charges will continue to decrease.
GlobTek is a power systems solutions provider with design and manufacturing facilities in the USA and China and sales offices in Germany, France, and the UK. Offering a line of power supplies, energy systems, PoEs, LED drivers, power cords, battery packs and many other power-related products and services for applications from gym equipment to medical systems, GlobTek can also develop and create custom power solutions for just about any application.
GlobTek is located at 186 Veterans Drive, Northvale NJ 07647. For more information call 201-784-1000 or visit GlobTek online at www.globtek.com